1. The best first step is to talk to a mortgage professional. They can answer any questions you have about your target price range, based on what you are comfortable paying each month. They can work with you regarding your credit, your down payment scenario, qualifying for the best loan and additional steps you should follow to get ready to buy.
2. What is your ideal price range?
3. What type of property are you looking for? Single family home, condo, investment, vacation?
4. Have you been looking online? Do you have any active listings you would like to go see?
5. What neighborhoods are you interested in? Why?
6. What are your key priorities in purchasing your home? Schools, bedrooms, bathrooms, fixer or turn key, lot size, commute, pool, cul-de-sac, maximum monthly HOA payment (if applicable).
7. What amenities are “nice to have” versus “need to have”?
8. What is your timeline? When do you want to move?
9. Do you need to sell to buy?
10. What other questions do you have for me?